Wednesday, March 11, 2020

INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE

MY EXPERIENCE AS A MATHEMATICS TEACHER DURING INTERNSHIP




Internship Experience


School internship is an important part of Teacher’s Training Program. Our college every year sends the B.Ed  students for internship in different schools. I had been sent to St. Ignatius higher secondary school Kanjiramattom. Basically in the  year of internship we had to work and make report on some aspects i.e. 50 lesson pans,  case study ,peer evaluation,physical education classes,action research and value education classes. The interns are not paid any amount for the internship
I was excited and nervous for my first day of internship. I arrived the school in time and I  met the headmistress mrs Aliyamma Mathew and I introduced me .Teacher told me to meet Meena teacher because she is the mathematics teacher and she provided me for separate room.She was very co-operative and well behaved.
In the staff room I was sitting but feeling very uncomfortable because all the teachers of the school were arriving one by one and I have to wish them all and have to take their reactions which I was not able to categories.
  The assembly starts from 9.15 a.m everyday.
On the first day I went for the first substitution class in class 9th. Students greeted me by standing up, after receiving their greet I told them to take their places .next days I went for the first mathematics class in class 8th A.
After taking 35mins of class bell ranged all studens told  me thank you teacher  and I was  to leave the class 
First day first class taught me that knowledge about rules and regulation is most important steps before getting into any organization.
I had took many substitution classes from class 6th to 10th and handled the classes nicely and got confident and a little proud that I am able to handle the classes some were asking to tell story and I told a story to control the class 
Headmistress suggested me to teling stories and value education classes  for them so I prepared and performed these in substituted classes. Childrens and teachers, had appreciated me for this classes.I belived I did my job well and my consent teacher meena miss made corrections in my teaching. also she told me your performance was good
I covered my 50 lesson plans,physical education classes and value education classes. I wrote this in my record and got Headmistress  signature over it.
In my case study sheet I had studied a 8th class boy named Jeffin Bobban. He was very inteligent of the class but was a little aggressive. I talked to him and gathered his information and mad e case study report on him.
Having all this sweet and sour experience the last day came, the Headmistress thanked me in the staff room. At that day I had to collect information about schools with help of school diary, school magazine and from school staffs. After collecting all the information like number of classrooms, total teachers, total students, facilities etc.
These golden days taught me so much. At that day I felt the importance and value of B.Ed course. I felt so blessed that almighty had selected such a valuable profession for me. Indeed I had learned a lot from this internship so I will never going to forget these magical days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arithmetic Progression

Arithmetic Progression A sequence of numbers is called an  Arithmetic progression  if the difference between any two consecutive terms ...